From 1206 to 1212 the „Katharinenkirche“ was founded as a minster. It is an impressing hall church in late gothic style, where a winged altar from the “Cranach” workshop (“Auferstandener Christus” von Peter Breuer) and a sandstone pulpit of Paul Speck can still be visited. Like the Cathedral St. Marien, the “Katharinenkirche” as well was a domain of Thomas Müntzer in 1520/21.
City TourPrevious location Next location 2/5
Katharinenkirche "Church of Catherine"