City TourPrevious location Next location 10/10
The “Westsachsenstadion” was erected on mining waste tips of the coal mining industry. The construction work started in 1937. The striking entrance tower was finished in 1940. The inauguration of the stadium took place on 23rd August 1942. Today it is used as a football stadium only. By extensive measures of redevelopment and, of course also by the addition of new features (e.g. a scoreboard, seats, a loudspeaker arrangement, a glass roof) the “Westsachsenstadion” has changed in a positive way.